Festivale Event Information
|Friday:||5:30pm - 11pm|
|Saturday:||11am - 11pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
|3 Day Pass||$45.00 + booking/credit card fees (online purchase only)|
|Children 10 -14 years||$7.50|
|Children 9 years and under||free of charge if accompanied by an adult|
- Companion Card accepted
- No concession for students or pensioners
- Smoke Free Event
- Bag searches at the gates
- No BYO
- Tickets are non-refundable
- No animals permitted into venue with the exception of seeing eye and assistance dogs
Bellamy’s Kids Kingdom/KID I AM45
Festivale Information Booth100
Security / Tasmania Police103
Guides Tasmania Lost Children104
St John Ambulance First Aid106
Smoke Free Event--
Responsible Service of Alcohol
- All alcholic beverage sales cease at 10:30pm on Friday and Saturday night and 3.45pm on Sunday.
- Sale of wine by the bottle will cease at 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday night. and 3.45pm on Sunday.
- Packaged liquor may only be removed from the park on Saturday up until 5pm and from 10am- 4pm on Sunday in accordance with Festivale's Liquor Permit.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverage sales will cease on Friday night at 10.45pm, Saturday 11pm and on Sunday at 4pm.
- During Festivale, City Park is a licensed event site. Festivale is committed to safe drinking practices. All staff serving alcohol are trained in RSA and will not serve anyone who is under the age of 18 years, or any person who appears to be intoxicated.
- Free breath testing and information will be available from Breatho (site number tbc), a Community Road Safety Partnership Initiative, on Friday from 5.30pm-10pm and Saturday from 5pm-10pm
- Please note undercover licensing police will be in attendance throughout Festivale
Festivale offers a parenting service in the children's area. Explore Bellamy's Kid's Kingdom for children's activities including workshops for kids and face painting. Children's activities will run from:
|Friday:||5:45pm - 8.00pm|
|Saturday:||11.00am - 8.00pm|
|Sunday:||10.00am - 4.00pm|
Guides Tasmania Booth will act as a central point for lost children. Refer to the Festivale map for location. If your child gets lost, please report to one of our friendly volunteers at the Toxfree Festivale Information Booth and they will be able to assist in locating your child.
Launceston Festivale Committee Inc is committed to making Festivale accessible to all visitors. While it is our policy to be all inclusive there may be some areas of City Park which may not be fully accessible. Please refer to the Festivale map for information.
- Festivale recognises the Companion Card for all ticketed events.
- Disabled toilets will be available in City Park. Please refer to the Festivale map for information.
- Coloured access ramps will be placed in various positions throughout City Park for wheel chair and pram accessibility. Please refer to the Festivale map for information.
- A limited number of disabled parking spots will be available in Tamar Street. These spots will be designated with signage.
- An accessible ticket booth is located at the Tamar Street entrance
Festivale is a Smoke Free event
Festivale aims to protect all patrons, stallholders and employees from exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS). Launceston City Park will become smoke free for the duration of the event. If you do wish to smoke, you will be required to exit City Park to do so. There is no designated smoking area.
What to bring to Festivale
A hat, sunscreen, warm jacket for cooler evenings, suitable ID for those over 18 who wish to purchase alcohol, a picnic blanket or your own fold up lowline chairs, personal umbrella/rain coat in case of wet weather, cash and credit card – many stallholders have credit facilities. You may bring prams, wheelchairs and walking frames. There is an ATM on site.
While we provide a considerable amount of seating for patrons throughout the weekend we cannot provide a seat for everyone. Patrons are encouraged to bring along their own lowline fold up chairs or a picnic blanket as there are plenty of grassed areas in the park to sit back, relax and take in the wonderful sights and sounds on offer.
Please bring a positive attitude with you. We want everyone to enjoy our event.
What is permitted at Festivale
Bottled water (but no glass bottles), food, fold up low line chairs, still cameras, mobile phones, personal umbrellas, picnic rugs, Festivale glasses, NYOR glasses, plastic picnic glasses, soft chiller bags (hard eskies are not permitted), baby formula in baby bottles.
What is NOT permitted at Festivale
Soft drink or water in glass bottles, glass of any sort, knives, shade structures, marquees or large umbrellas, alcohol, BBQ's & fire pots, large tables, fireworks, animals (with the exception of assistance dogs), dangerous goods, weapons, scooters, bikes & skateboards, small or large hard eskies, illegal substances, alcohol, loud hailers, laser pointers.
Please be patient upon entry when Security conduct bag searches.
ATM facilities will be located near the Festivale Information Booth . You can also find ATMs throughout the CBD.
Plumm Wine Tasting glasses for $6 each are available from the Festivale Information Booth or can be purchased from wine stallholders. If you would like to bring your Festivale glass from previous events you are most welcome to do so.
St John's Ambulance will provide a first aid station at Festivale. Refer to Festivale map for location.
Visit Security/Police for lost and found property enquiries. All lost property not claimed at Festivale will be delivered to the Launceston headquarters of Tasmania Police.
Available inside the Tamar Street entrance on Saturday 11am-5pm and Sunday from 10am. Cyclists need to provide their own means of fastening to the racks. Tamar Bicycle Users Group members will man the area but please note that cycles are left at the owner's risk.