Festivale is Tasmania’s premium summer event
A three day celebration serving you food, beer, wine, spirits, cider and entertainment
Launceston city park
FRI 31 Jan
SAT 01 FEB
SUN 02 FEB
Buy your tickets now
Finding your way around Festivale 2020
Please visit stallholders page to view all our stallholders and menus.
more about festivale
what to bring to festivale
A hat, sunscreen, warm jacket for cooler evenings, legal ID for those over 18 who wish to purchase alcohol, a picnic blanket or your own umbrella/rain coat in case of wet weather, cash and credit card – many stallholders have credit card facilities. You may bring prams, wheelchairs and walking frames. There is an ATM on site.
While we provide a considerable amount of seating for patrons throughout the weekend we cannot provide a seat for everyone. Patrons are encouraged to bring along their own low line fold up chairs or a picnic blanket as there are plenty of grassed areas in the park to sit back, relax and take in the wonderful sights and sounds on offer.
What is permitted at Festivale
Bottled water (but no glass bottles), food, fold up low line chairs, still cameras, mobile phones, personal umbrellas, picnic rugs, Festivale glasses, plastic picnic glasses, soft chiller bags (hard eskies are not permitted), baby formula in baby bottles.
What is NOT permitted at Festivale
Soft drink or water in glass bottles, glass of any sort, knives, shade structures, marquees or large umbrellas, alcohol, BBQ’s & fire pots, large tables, fireworks, animals (with the exception of assistance dogs), dangerous goods, weapons, scooters, bikes & skateboards, small or large hard eskies, illegal substances, loud hailers, laser pointers.
Please be patient upon entry when Security conduct bag searches and wanding.
- Companion Card accepted
- No concession for students or pensioners
- Smoke Free Event
- Bag searches at the gates
- No BYO Alchohol
- Tickets are non-refundable
- No animals permitted into venue with the exception of seeing eye and assistance dogs
stuff for kids + parent information
Festivale offers a parenting tent in the children’s area. Explore Kid’s play park area for children’s activities including workshops, face painting, henna tattoos and jumping castles. Children’s activities will run from:
Friday: 4:45pm – 8.00pm
Saturday: 11.00am – 8.00pm
Sunday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Festivale is a smoke free event
St John’s Ambulance will provide a first aid station at Festivale. Refer to Festivale map for location.
Plumm Wine tasting glasses for $6 each are available from the Weeding Hire Festivale Information Booth or can be purchased from wine stallholders. If you would like to bring your Festivale glass from previous events you are most welcome to do so.
In the event of a park evacuation, please make your way as instructed to an exit point where wardens will direct you to the emergency assembly point.
Information for Hearing impaired + elderly/disabled
Launceston Festivale Committee Inc is committed to making Festivale accessible to all visitors. While it is our policy to be all inclusive there may be some areas of City Park which may not be fully accessible.
- Festivale recognises the Companion Card for all ticketed events.
- Disabled toilets will be available in City Park – please refer to the Festivale map for information.
- Coloured access ramps will be placed in various positions throughout City Park for wheel chair and pram accessibility.
- A limited number of disabled parking spots will be available in Tamar Street.
- An accessible ticket booth is located at the Tamar Street entrance.
Responsible service of alcohol
- All alcoholic beverage sales cease at 10.45pm on Friday and Saturday nights and 3.45pm on Sunday.
- Sale of wine by the bottle will cease at 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday night and 3.45pm on Sunday.
- Packaged liquor may only be removed from the park on Saturday up until 5pm and from 10am- 4pm on Sunday in accordance with Festivale’s Liquor Permit.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverage sales will cease on Friday and Saturday at 10.45pm and Sunday at 3.45pm.
- During Festivale, City Park is a licensed event site. Festivale is committed to safe drinking practices. All staff serving alcohol are trained in RSA and will not serve anyone who is under the age of 18 years or any person who appears to be intoxicated.
- Free breath testing and information will be available from Breatho (site number tbc), a Community Road Safety Partnership Initiative, on Friday from 5.30pm-10pm and Saturday from 5pm-10pm
- Please note undercover licensing police will be in attendance throughout Festivale
Available inside the Tamar Street entrance on Saturday 11am-5pm and Sunday from 10am. Cyclists need to provide their own means of fastening bikes to the racks. Tamar Bicycle Users Group members will man the area but please note that bikes are left at the owner’s risk.
Visit Security/Police for lost and found property enquiries. All lost property not claimed at Festivale will be delivered to the Launceston headquarters of Tasmania Police.