Due to the growing popularity of cider in Tasmania, Festivale introduced cider awards to showcase the increasing number of quality cider houses at the event. The awards are open to all cider stallholders at Festivale. Ciders entered in the awards must be available for purchase at Festivale.
2018 Cider Award Winners
- Best Perry – Spreyton Cider Co Pear Cider
- Best Cider – Willie Smiths Traditional
- Best Non Traditional – Red Brick Road Cider Rose
- Judges Award - Red Brick Road Mad Monk
2017 Cider Award Winners
- Best Perry – Lost Pippin, Sparkling Pear
- Best Cider – Willie Smith
- Best Non Traditional – Pagan Blueberry Cider
2016 Cider Award Winners
- Best Dry Cider – Red Brick Road Cox's Orange Pippin
- Best Perry – Red Brick Road Perry
- Best Other Cider – Pagan Small Batch Quince Cider
Special notes; all judging is conducted using "blind" panels. Each entry is identified by a randomly-assigned registration number.
Festivale Cider Awards are governed by Cider Australia Awards Information& Style Guide 2015.
Balmoral on York
The Tasmanian Cider Trail